jeudi 9 juillet 2015

2015 Mustang Gt just installed new Eibach Sportline Springs, Need some advice!

Alright so I decided to get the Eibach Sportlines to drop the car down as the stock base GT 18's had a large wheel gap for my liking and I wanted it gone.

The good: Boy did it do the job filling that fender gap and the handling now seems like it's on rails. Absolutely no body roll to be seen when cornering, braking or hard acceleration.

The bad: I knew I would have to get the car aligned after I took the suspension apart to install the new spring kit but the rear camber is insane right now. As well as the car tracking right to a slight margin. My local (shitty) alignment shop I brought it to today has the rear cambers at L= -2.2° and the R = -2.6° !! They said the car was too "new" to align and I would have to wait for parts to come out to counter my alignment issues and that was it. I don't like this answer and I know I can get the car to at least track straight and do maybe something about the camber. I mentioned the camber bolts in the rear indepent rear and the technician said he didn't know what I was talking about. On top of the camber issue, the questionable alignment shop said my front Caster was out L = 8.5° and R= 7.8° a .7° left favor and that was all because I "didn't replace the struts" when I installed the springs. And nothing else could be done to avoid the right pull of the car while moving. Keep in mind the car only has 1900 miles on it and the only suspension work done is the springs.

Moving on: What are my options to proceed with keeping the sportlines? What do I have to live with if I do? (rear camber etc) What parts can I purchase to help out? (adj tow-links, camber plate) What type of shop would better help me when I get set up to get it aligned again?

I would LOVE to keep the car lowered as much as it is right now, and I know I can get closer to a straight ride without removing them.

Thanks for taking a look!

submitted by thoriniv
[link] [comment]

source: Mustang Forums http://ift.tt/1J5Lom6

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire